Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Baby is 5.5 months old and our relationship is still struggling. What next?

Greetings MAR, Congratulations on being a mum. I agree with Kathrync. I was in the same boat as you not too long ago, but I had to leave for 3 days to get my head together with my then 3 month old son. Men (Sorry, most me) dont notice things that us mums do unless they are pointed out to them. My partner thinks I watch TV all day or spend time on the laptop chatting. He doesn't realise that I cook, clean, wash his clothes, put his clothes away, vace, work in the garden and look after his son plus get tired due to being pregnant. I used to be a very patient person calm person, but after meeting him I turned into an angry monster, with alot of resentment. I had to give up my job to be a stay at home mum and then become his personal slave cos he is the one to 'bring home the beacon'. The only way things changed, and I do mean it changed drastically for the better was by me letting him know how I felt and the way I say things. I used to point out alot of the things he didn't do, but now I let him know in a calm manner how much help I need with day to day things and now I don't stress if not all the things I had planned to do don't get done. I make sure that I only do what is necessary and nothing more, which leaves more time for me to spend time with my son and also ME time. The less stressed I was the better and more relaxed we both were and then the intimacy followed, due to me being pregnant again..Lol... Men (Most men) don't know how to deal with their stress n emotions and take it out on those closest to them without realising it. If your calm and are more independant and show that ur copeing, then he will follow your lead. All the best and hang in there. The road ahead will be difficult but with determination from you, you will get there. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment